Getting set up with GoReact takes 15 minutes or less. Let's get going!
Create your course(s).
Click the button on the left side of the Dashboard.
Type a course name and set the start and end dates for your course. Then select whether students will pay for their own access or if this will be paid for by your organization. (The default is Student Pay.) Finally click the red "Create Course" button to finish the process.
Invite users (students & instructors).
Inviting users manually is no longer required - students can now sign up and join your course directly from GoReact.com by clicking the Course Registration button. (Skip to step 3 if you do not need to manually invite users.)
If you wish to manually invite users to your course click the Invite Users button at the top right of the Dashboard and choose the course you’re inviting for. You’ll have two options:
- Group Join Link: Send or post a "join link" which all your student presenters can use to register. (Usually instructors email the link to students, or post it to your LMS such as Blackboard.) There is a unique link for EACH COURSE SECTION, so be sure to email/post the correct join link for each group.
- Send Individual Invites: Here you can send individual email invitations for other instructors, reviewers, or admins.
When recipients click the link you've sent/posted, they’ll be directed to register and will be automatically assigned to your course in GoReact.
NOTE: If it's a student-pay course, they'll also be able to pay online (or enter their access code) at the time of registration.
An Activity is a way to group recordings and set permissions for specific assignments or activities (for example, “Group Presentation,” "Video Quiz 1" or “Sales Demo”).
Click the New Activity button at bottom left and enter a name and optional date(s) for the Activity. The Available Date will keep the Activity from being visible to students until the date you have selected. The Due Date will cause late submissions to be displayed in red on your dashboard for easy identification. You can enter the number points this activity will be worth if you'd like.
Select the type of Activity this will be, and check the box below that if you would like this to be a test. If you wish to set a time limit, enter that here as well. Click Create Activity at the lower right.
Now you can:
- Enter typed recording and feedback instructions
- Add video recording feedback instructions
- Add stimulus media or other resources as applicable to your activity type
- Specify what types of feedback you'd like to allow for this activity
- Add Markers or Rubrics
Now you're ready to begin recording! See the rest of our Goreact Documentation for more information on recording and critiquing videos.