FAQ - Accounts & Dashboard

Follow

How do I begin using GoReact?
How can I edit my account information?
Who can record a video?
Who can view a video?
Who can comment on a video?
Can I upload a video to GoReact for commenting?
What can I do if I deleted my video?
What counts as a "Recording Hour"?
What if I need more hours?
Who can use an account?
Are there any user restrictions on Free/Instructor Accounts?

How do I begin using GoReact?

After signing up for an account online, see our Getting Started Guide for a quick overview. GoReact is pretty self-explanatory, so you're welcome to just log in and start poking around!

How can I edit my account information?

After logging in you can edit your name, email address, and password by clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner of the dashboard and selecting "My Profile" from the drop down menu. Changes are automatically saved when you select a new field or click "Close." 

Who can record a video?

GoReact allows for either instructor-controlled recording, or for participants to record themselves. You set the permissions for each activity that a video belongs to. For more on setting recording permissions, see Activity Setup.

Who can view a video?

GoReact is a secure, private video system.  Only users to whom you give permission may view and/or critique a video. Permissions are controlled with activities. For more on setting viewing permissions, see Activity Setup.

Who can comment on a video?

Permissions for commenting and feedback are set with the activity the video belongs to. For more on setting recording permissions, see Activity Setup.

Can I upload a video to GoReact for commenting?

Yes!  If live recording is not an option for your presentation, record it using any other recording device and click “Upload” on your dashboard to upload the video to GoReact .  See our Supported Formats for more information.

What can I do if I deleted my video?

When you delete a video from the dashboard it will be moved to the trash. Deleted items will stay in the the trash for 30 days and will be permanently deleted after that.  During those 30 days you can restore a deleted video by clicking the Trash button at the lower right corner of the dashboard.  Click on the Restore button to the right of any video listed and it will be moved back to your dashboard.  (Note: you cannot delete items already in the trash, they will be automatically removed after the 30 days.)

What counts as a "Recording Hour"?

Any videos recorded in GoReact count as recording time (even if it is later deleted).  Note that only the recording is metered, not playback.  Once recorded, any video may be viewed or critiqued as often as you want.  Remaining recording time is always shown for instructors at the top right corner of the dashboard next to your profile name. 

Important note for instructors:  If a course is set up with the Student Pay option, any video that has a paid student presenter attached to it does not count against the instructor's time. Any video without a paid student presenter will be deducted from the instructor's 30 free minutes.

What if I need more hours?

As of 23 June 2016 we no longer sell hours.  Please contact our sales team at 801-717-3499 if you need to set up department or site licensing or to purchase volume access codes.  (Note that for students, each course or access code purchased gives unlimited recording time for that course in GoReact.) 

Who can use an account?

You are the owner of your instructor account. If you need additional instructors for your classes (team-teaching, TAs, etc.) you can invite them by clicking "Invite Users" from your dashboard.

Are there any user restrictions on Free/Instructor Accounts?

Yes. For details, see the Pricing page.

Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments