Course/Folder Setup

Follow

How do I set up a course or folder?
What's the difference between a course and a folder?

How do I add instructors to my course?
What payment options are there for GoReact?
Can I copy activities from a previous course?

How do I set up a course or folder?

Click the New Course button on the left-side of the dashboard to start creating your course. To create a folder instead, click the arrow next to the New Course button and select New Folder. Name your course or folder. If you selected Course, choose the start and end dates, and select the payment type. The course is will default to Student-Pay. If your organization wants to pay for access, call (801)717-3499 to set up a site license agreement. Finally, click the red Create Course button to finish the process.

CreateCourseNOorgPay.png  

What’s the difference between a course and a folder?

Both let you organize videos (and users) in your GoReact account. A Course has a start/end date, whereas a Folder is a permanent group of videos. In addition, ALL recordings created in a Folder will consume the owner's time. Presenters cannot purchase their own recording time for a Folder.

How do I add instructors to my course?

If you need additional instructors added to your course (such as a co-instructor or teaching assistant), simply invite them with the Invite Users button and select the Instructor or Reviewer role.

What payment options are there for GoReact?

Each instructor accounts comes with 30 free minutes to try things out and get a feel for GoReact.  Once you're ready to start using GoReact in your classes, there are two methods for purchasing.

• By default, courses will be set to the Student-Pay option. Students will be prompted for their payment or access code after logging into goreact.com and selecting their course. Pricing is as follows:
    • $19.99 per course—Each student pays $19.99, which allows unlimited video submissions per course (up to 90 minutes in length per video).
    • $99.95 for a five-year unlimited plan—For students that will need to use GoReact for more than five courses during their program, we now offer a an unlimited plan. With this plan, students can enroll in unlimited courses and upload unlimited videos (up to 90 minutes in length per video) for up to five years.
  • If you wish to pay for your students directly or if your organization will be doing so, please contact our sales team at (801) 717-3499 to arrange department licensing or to purchase volume access codes. (See our Pricing Page for details.)

Bookstore ordering: If you wish to make the student fee available for purchase at your bookstore, see our Bookstore ordering information.

Can I copy activities from a previous course?

Definitely! When setting up your course, you'll see a "Copy Activities from a previous course" option at the bottom of course creation window. Choose the course you wish to copy from, and ALL the activities from that course will be copied into your new course, with all of their settings. That'll save a bunch of time, right?

If you had due dates set in your previous course, GoReact will take its best guess at due dates based on your new course dates. You'll then see all the activities in the Activity Manager window, where you can adjust dates and make other finalizations to your new Activity list for the course.

Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments