Follow

How to Invite Users
Using the Join Link
Inviting Individuals by Role
How do I Remove a User
How do I Transfer a Student
As a Student How do I Transfer

How to Invite Users

Note that inviting students to your class is no longer required.  Once a course is created, students can now self-register by clicking the  button on the dashboard.  You may still use the Invite Users option for students, if you wish, or if you need to add other users to your course as described below.

GoReact uses an invitation system to register other users, such as student presenters, assistants, or other instructors.

To invite users to a course (or your entire account), click the Invite Users button at the top right of your Dashboard and select the course you want to invite them to. The Invite Users box will pop up, with a few options.

invite_users.PNG

Using the Join Link

This is the way you'll get your student presenters registered. Copy this link and either email it to the student group, and/or post it to your course page in Blackboard, Canvas, etc.

New users: will click this link to register themselves for GoReact and be automatically added to this course as a Presenter.

Presenters with existing accounts: will be added automatically to this course when they click the link and confirm their login.

Generate new Join Link: Click this button  to generate a new registration link for this course. You can use this if you do not wish the current link to be used for any reason or if the previous join link has expired.

Inviting Individuals by Role

To invite other Instructors, Reviewers, or Admins, you need to send a personal Invite. (Note that you can invite Presenters here as well, rather than using the Join Link if you prefer.)

Enter one or more email addresses and choose the Role (permission level) you want to give this set of invited users. Each user will receive an email with a personalized link to register for your course with the indicated Role.

Permissions Note: Be sure you understand what permission functions you are granting to your invited users. See our User Permission Levels guide for details.

How do I Remove an Unwanted User from my Course?

If there is an unwanted user in your course or folder, instructors and admins can simply remove them by clicking the yellow Users icon next to the course/folder name, then click the next to the user's name on the list.

If you wish to disable a group invitation after it's been sent (perhaps if you want to change the roles you have assigned), you can do so as well. From the Invite Users box for that course or folder, click the Generate New Join Link  button. This will immediately deactivate the link you previously distributed and generate a new registration link, which you can now distribute.

Note: You will need to provide this new link to anyone who was previously invited to your course but has not yet registered. Or, if you are re-assigning user roles, you will need to remove those users as indicated above and provide them with the new invitation.

How do I Move a Student's Registration to a Different Course?

Occasionally a student presenter will register for the incorrect course / section in your account or may need to be moved to a different one. If this occurs, you can move their registration (including their payment) to the correct section easily by following these steps:

1. Click the yellow Manage Users icon  for the course where the student is registered. Find the student's name, and click the Edit  button.
  2. On the student's profile, click the "Move To..." button next to their permission setting.

A box will pop up allowing you to choose the correct course to move the student to.

Note: If the student has more than one video posted in the initial course or if it is past 21 days since the course started, you will need to contact support to move the registration.

As a Student, Can I Move my Course Registration?

If you are a student and you need to switch sections or change courses after you have registered or paid for a course, you may do so as long as you are within 21 days of the start date and you have not posted more than one video to the course. If you are eligible to move your registration, you will see the Edit Registration button at the top left of the dashboard next to the course you are currently registered in.

From the same popup shown above, select the course you wish to be transferred to and click the Move Registration button. You're all set!

Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments