Q. My recording screen is black

Q. My students' videos won't play

Q. I can't see my student's video

Q. My screen is white when I log in

Q. I copied my LMS course but my GoReact activities are not working

Q. Grades in my LMS GoReact activities are not passing to my gradebook

Q. Shared Secret/Consumer Key LMS error messages

Q. I can't log in

The two most common reasons for problems logging into GoReact are: an incorrect email address, or trying to log in on the wrong platform.

• Make sure you are entering the email address you used when you signed up for GoReact and always double check the spelling (we frequently find that the issue is just a simple typo!).
  • Also make sure you are logging into the correct platform. For example, if you are using Canvas, log into Canvas, not goreact.com or vice versa.

Q. Students can't see my activity

On goreact.com: You can set an "Available Date" in the activity settings. If this date is set to a future date, students will not be able to see the activity until the date (and time) specified. You can check this by selecting the activity on the left and clicking Edit Activity from the Activity Options options menu (three buttons). Once here, click Edit on the upper right and then you will be able to adjust the Availability date.

In Canvas: If students can not see your GoReact activity in Canvas, you may need to check the "Availability Dates" in the "Canvas Assignment" settings. To get there, click on the assignment in question and then click "Edit Assignment Settings" in the upper right. 

In Blackboard: If students are unable to see your GoReact activity in Blackboard, edit the assignment settings by clicking the drop-down arrow menu next to the assignment name and check the "Options." Make sure "Permit Users to View this Content" is set to "Yes" and the "Date and Time Restrictions" are set up correctly. 

In D2L/Brightspace: If your students are unable to see your GoReact activity in D2L, make sure to check the assignment "Start" and "End" dates. To do this click the drop-down menu next to the topic name and select "Edit Properties In-Place." 

In all LMS's: If you've verified the availability dates and your students are still unable to see your GoReact assignment, it's likely that the LTI tool was installed incorrectly. Please see the Shared Secret/Consumer Key section below.

Q. My account is out of time

Upon account creation instructors are provided 30 free minutes of recording time for testing purposes. Any video uploaded or recorded in GoReact will count against this time unless it has a paid presenter attached. Video comments, stimulus media, and resources do not count against your time. Once that 30 minutes is used, videos can no longer be uploaded or recorded to your account. 

If you are unexpectedly out of time and can not submit a video, check your Course Settings (click the "Edit" button next to the course name). Make sure your course is set to Student-Pay. If you do not see that your course is set to Student Pay, and you feel like it should be, you will need to contact GoReact Support. Once students pay for their own unlimited recording time, any time that was used by their videos will be restored to your account.

Note about Student-Pay and recording time: If a course is set to Student-Pay, any video that has a paid student presenter attached to it does not count against the instructor's account. If a video does not have a paid student presenter assigned to it, the recording time for that video counts against the instructor's time. To see your students' current paid status, click the yellow "Manage Users" icon next to your course. A gray "$" next to a student's name indicates a student has paid. A red "$" indicates a student has not yet paid.

Q. My recording screen is black

Recording screens go black if there is no camera activity, if Adobe Flash is not updated, installed, or enabled correctly, or if GoReact has not been allowed access to your camera. To check these things, please see our Adobe Flash guide. 

Q. My students' videos won't play

If your students' videos will not play for you, try clearing your browser's cache, and cookies. This will clear up any data your browser has stored for this video session and can resolve some playback issues. You can also try using a different browser to see if they will play there. (This will also help determine if the problem is specific to a particular browser or is more general in nature.)

If you cannot get them to play, contact us at GoReact Customer Support.

Q. I can't see my student's video

If your student says they submitted their video but you can not see it, the reason is most often because the student has not yet "posted" the video. The student will need to click "Play" on the video and then click "Exit." This will prompt to post the video and you will be able to see it on your Dashboard. (You can also log in as the student by clicking the "eye" icon next to the student's name in the "Manage Users" screen and can play and post the video for them. Then click the student's name at the top right and select "Exit Mask View" to return to your own account.)

Q. My screen is white when I log in

If you are logging in and seeing a white screen, this is usually a result of an ad blocker of some sort. Try whitelisting GoReact or temporarily disabling the ad blocker in the browser you want to use. If you are still having issues, contact us as GoReact Customer Support

Q. I copied my LMS course but my GoReact activities are not working. 

Canvas: If you used the copy course feature in Canvas, you still need to go into each GoReact activity and set up it up inside of the GoReact app. All external settings from your previous Canvas course will copy over, just not the settings for the GoReact tool itself (where you select the activity type, feedback options, etc.). 

Blackboard: If you used the copy course feature in Blackboard, you still need to go into each GoReact activity and set up it up inside of the GoReact app. All external settings from your previous Blackboard course will copy over, just not the settings for the GoReact tool itself (where you select the activity type, feedback options, etc.). 

D2L/Brightspace: Unfortunately the copy course feature in D2L will not copy GoReact activities. This is because of the way D2L handles app integrations. At first glance it will look like the activities have copied, but students will not be able to access them and the tool will point to your old course content. If you do copy your D2L course, you will need to delete all of the GoReact assignments and recreate them in the new course. 

Q. Grades in my LMS GoReact activities are not passing to my gradebook

The most common cause for grades to not pass to your LMS gradebook is because the GoReact app is not configured correctly. To re-configure the Consumer Key and Shared Secret see the below: Shared Secret/Consumer Key.

Please also check that your GoReact Rubric is "Posted."  From the playback screen, click the "Evaluation" tab to see the posted state. Grades will only pass on posted evaluations.

The last thing to be aware of when it comes to grade passback in your LMS, is that any GoReact video created by the instructor will not pass a grade, even if the student is added to the video. 

Q. Shared Secret/Consumer Key LMS error messages

If you or your students are seeing an error message that says the Consumer Key or Shared Secret is incorrect, follow these steps to re-configure the GoReact tool.

Canvas: If you see this error message in your Canvas course, select "Settings" on the lower left, then open the "Apps" tab from the top navigation. From here click on "View App Configurations" at the top right and click "Edit" from the gear icon next to GoReact. Re-enter the secret and key making sure the Consumer Key is your email address and the Shared Secret is goreact (all lowercase). For more information on setup, see How to Add GoReact to Canvas

Blackboard: If you see this error in your Blackboard course, your Blackboard Admin will need to
re-configure the app. To do this as an administrator, click "System Admin" at the upper right and then under the "Building Blocks" category, select "Building Blocks." Once there open "LTI Tool Providers" and click the "Edit" button from the drop-down menu next to the lti.goreact.com tool. Re-enter the secret and key making sure the Provider Key is your email address and the Provider Secret is goreact (all lowercase). For more information on setup, see Admin set up of GoReact in Blackboard.

D2L/Brightspace: If you see this error in your D2L/Brightspace course, you will need to contact your D2L Admin to re-configure the tool. To do this, open the course and click "External Learning Tools" from the top navigation menu. Then using the drop-down menu next to the activity name, select "Edit Link." Make sure the "Secret" is goreact (all lower case) and the Key is the exact same alphanumeric code that was sent to you by GoReact Support. For more information on set up, see Admin Setup of GoReact in D2L

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful

Comments

0 comments

Article is closed for comments.