Instructor's FAQs: using GoReact on goreact.com

(If you're using GoReact in an LMS, please see our Instructor LMS FAQs.)

Q. How do I start using GoReact?

Q. How much does GoReact cost?

Q. How do I edit my account information?

Q. Who can comment on, record, or view a video?

Q. How can I transfer a student to a different course?

Q. Can I move a video to a different activity?

Q. How do I see what my students see?

Q. What do I do if I deleted a video by accident?

Q. Can I share content between my accounts at different schools?

Q. How do I share my content with another instructor?

Q. How do I start using GoReact?

After signing up for an account on our website, see our Instructor Getting Started Guide for a quick overview. GoReact is pretty self-explanatory, so you're welcome to just log in and start learning how to use it! Or, feel free to review any of the documentation we've provided here.  

Q. How much does GoReact cost?

GoReact costs $19.99 per student seat. Each seat is good for one course, one term, and includes unlimited recording time for that course. Students will need to purchase one seat for each GoReact course they take unless they opt for our five year unlimited plan for $99.95. This provides an unlimited number of courses for a period of five years from the purchase date.

If your organization is interested in purchasing access codes for your students or would like to discuss Enterprise Licensing, please contact our sales team at (801) 717-3499.

Q. How do I edit my account information?

After logging in, you can edit your name, email address, and password by clicking on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the Dashboard and selecting "My Profile" from the drop-down menu. Changes are automatically saved when you select a new field or click "Close." 

Q. Who can comment on, record, or view a video?

GoReact is a secure, private system that allows Instructors and Presenters to record videos in any active course they are registered in. Instructors can see all videos and comments in their course(s). Student permissions are set by the instructor per activity. Students may be limited to viewing only their own videos and feedback, viewing feedback from other students, and/or viewing all videos and feedback in a course.

For more on setting viewing permissions, see Activity setup.

Q. How can I transfer a student to a different course?

You can transfer your student's registration to another course if the course Start Date in GoReact is less than 45 days ago and the student has submitted no more than two videos. Click the "Manage Users" option from the Course Options menu next to the course name in the course drop down on the upper left to open the course roster. Then click the Edit button to the right of the user's name you wish to move and click the "Move To" button. From here you can select the details for the course you need to transfer them into and click the Move Registration button.

If the student does not meet these requirements and still needs to be transferred, you can contact us at GoReact Support.

Q. Can I move a video to a different activity?

Yes you can! To move a video click the "Edit" button to the right the video. In the drop-down menu next to "Activity", chose the activity you want to move the video into, then click "Save." 

Q. How do I see what my students see?

If you are curious to see what your students see in GoReact, you can "mask" as them by clicking the "Manage Users" option from the Course Options menu next to the course name in the course drop down on the upper left and then clicking the "Eye" icon next to the student's name. When you're done, click the student's name in red at the top right and select "Exit Mask View." 

Q. What do I do if I deleted a video by accident?

If you accidentally deleted a video and want to restore it, you can click the activity on the left and open the Deleted tab. 

Q. Can I share content between my accounts at different schools?

Yes, you can! If you are teaching at multiple schools you can "link" your accounts so you can access all courses from one login. You can also access your library items across those accounts.

First, you need to create a separate account for each school. If you don't do this, your students will not be able to find your course(s) when they self-register. Then you can invite your "main" account (the one you want to use as your master account) into your other accounts. To do this, log into each account and click on the "Manage Users" icon (yellow people) next to your name at the top of your course list. Then click the "Invite Users" button in the upper right and select your account name at the bottom of the list. Type in the email address from your main GoReact account, select "Instructor" as the role, and then click "Invite User." Do this for every secondary account you want to "link".

Now every time you log into your main account you will have access to your other accounts under the "Shared Accounts" section, right below your course list. If you want to create a course in one of your secondary accounts, make sure to select that account on the left before pressing "+New Course." 

Q. How do I share my content with another instructor?

If the instructor you want to share with is in the same organization as you, you can open your Library by clicking the "Library" icon at the upper right (bottom right in LMS), find the Rubric, Markers, or media that you want to share and then click the Share icon next to it. Type in a description of the item and click "Save." It will be shared to your organization for other instructors to access. 

If you want to share activities with another instructor in your same organization, select the course you want to share from and click the "Edit Course" option next to the course name. Check the box that says "Allow other instructors to copy activities from this course." Once you do this, other instructors in your organization will be able to copy your activities using the "Copy Activities from a previous course" option when editing or creating a course. 

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 2 found this helpful

Comments

0 comments

Article is closed for comments.