How do I critique a video?

Critiquing a Video

How to Give Different Types of Feedback

How do I edit a comment I've already posted?

Additional feedback questions

Critiquing a video

If your instructor wants you to give feedback to your peer's video or critique your own video, here is how to do it. To critique a video, open the video from your dashboard by playing it. You can enter timeline comments during a live in-class recording or during video playback.

If reviewing an already recorded video, you'll be taken to the feedback panel alongside the video where you can enter feedback. (If you are unable to see your peers' videos, you may need to contact your instructor to enable Peer Critique.) As soon as you start typing text or adding any other type of feedback, the video will stop automatically and will start again when you press Enter or finish your feedback.

If reviewing a LIVE presentation, you'll be taken to a similar screen, only you'll see "In Progress" instead of a video in the video panel. That way you'll be able to keep your eyes on the actual presenter. :) If you want to watch the presenter on your screen because you are viewing remotely but it is only showing "In Progress", you can use the toggle switch on the bottom left to turn the live stream on and off. 

How to Give Different Types of Feedback

How do I enter timeline comments?

To enter a comment, just type it in the Comment box (lower right) on the playback screen and press Enter. The comment is saved to the appropriate spot on the timeline.

If you're commenting on a recorded video, then the video player will stop automatically whenever you start typing a comment, and resume playing when you press Enter.

How do I add a video comment?

To add a video comment, go to the appropriate spot in the video you are critiquing and click the "Record," "Upload," or YouTube icon. Once you finish recording or uploading your video comment, it will automatically be saved to the comment timeline. You may optionally add text comments under your video comment.

How do I add an audio comment?

To add an audio comment, click the "Audio" button. Record your comments and click "Stop" when you are done. The audio comment will be automatically saved to the comment timeline. You may optionally add text comments beneath your audio comment. 

How do I add a Marker?

To add a marker, click the colored box on the bottom of the feedback panel for the marker you want to use. It will appear in the feedback panel at the time when you clicked it. You can reply, edit, and delete markers just like you can with other comments. 

What is an "End Note"?

End Notes are longer, final comments that allow you to summarize your observations. You can enter up to 2,000 characters. They will appear at the end of the comment list on the video.

To enter an End Note, click the "End Note" button at lower right next to the main comment box.

How do I edit a comment I've already posted?

Click the Edit   button next to any comment to edit it. While editing text-only feedback you may also change its position in the timeline by clicking on the time stamp at the top left corner of the feedback panel. Then use the slider to move it to the desired point in time and click the Save Changebutton to the right to save the new timestamp. You can also use the +/- if you need to move your comment by only a second or two. Then save the changes as described above. You may also delete any comment by clicking the Delete  button next to it.

Screen_Shot_2017-07-20_at_3.14.22_PM.png

Additional feedback questions

Who can view feedback?

You and your instructor will always be able to see all comments on your video.

When peer review is enabled, peers can see only their OWN comments on your videos, not anyone else’s comments, unless the option "All comments are public" is enabled on the activity.

Can I record first and then review later?

Yes. GoReact allows for both live feedback (during a presentation) and after-the-fact reviews and comments, whichever you prefer. If needed, you can do both—critique the presentation live, then go back later for edits and additional comments.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful

Comments

0 comments

Article is closed for comments.