How to critique a video

How do I critique a video
Comment and rating feedback
Using Rubric evaluations
Additional feedback questions

How do I critique a video?

To leave feedback on a video, click the video thumbnail on the dashboard.  Time-synced comments may be entered either during a live in-class recording, or during video playback.

If reviewing an already recorded video, you'll be taken to the feedback panel alongside the video playback where you can enter feedback according to the options set on the Activity. As soon as you start typing text or adding any other type of feedback the video will stop automatically and will start again when you hit Enter or finish your comments.

If reviewing a LIVE presentation, you'll be taken to a similar screen, only you'll see a timer instead of a video in the video panel. That way you'll be able to keep your eyes on the actual presenter. :) If you are viewing a live recording remotely there is a toggle switch on the bottom left that will toggle the live stream on and off. 

ViewFeedback.png

Comment & Rating Feedback

(Please note that each type of feedback must be enabled during Activity Set-up in order to be available  when critiquing.)

How do I Enter Timeline Comments?

To enter a comment, just type it in the Comment box (lower right) on the playback screen and hit ‘Enter.’ The comment is saved to the appropriate spot on the timeline.

If you're commenting on a recorded video, then the video player will stop automatically whenever you start typing a comment, and resume playing when you hit Enter.

How do I Add a Video Comment?

To add a video comment, go to the appropriate spot in the video you are critiquing and click the Record, Upload, or YouTube icon. Once you finish recording or uploading your video comment it will automatically be saved to the comment timeline. You may optionally add text comments beneath your video comment. If you seem to be having issues recording your video feedback see our Recording Checklist or our Troubleshooting - video recording documents.

How do I Add an Audio Comment?

To add an audio comment, click the Audio button. Record your comments and click Stop when you are done. The audio comment will be automatically saved to the comment timeline. You may optionally add text comments beneath your audio comment.

How do I add a Marker?

To add a Marker all you need to do is click on the colored icon below the feedback panel. For more on Markers, see Creating and Using the Marker Feature

How do I Add a Comment From my Library?

To add a comment you have previously uploaded to your Library, click the Library button and select the appropriate item. It will be automatically saved to the comment timeline.

What is an "End Note"?

End Comments are longer, final comments that allow you to summarize your observations. They may be up to 2,000 characters long and will appear at the end of the comment list on the video.

To enter an End Comment, click the "End Comment" button at lower right next to the main comment box.

How do I Edit a Comment I've Already Posted?

Click the Edit   button next to any text comment to edit it. While editing your text you may also change its position in the timeline by clicking on the time stamp at the top left corner of the feedback panel. Then use the slider or +/- buttons to move it to the desired point in time and click the Save Changebutton.  You may also delete any comment by clicking the Delete  button next to it.

Screen_Shot_2017-07-20_at_3.14.22_PM.png

Who Can Enter Comments?

By default, Instructors and Reviewers can give feedback on any video.

In addition, instructors can give permission for peers or the presenters themselves to critique the video as well. These permissions are controlled in the Activity Settings for the Activity the video belongs to. For more on setting up these options see Activity Setup.

Using Rubric Evaluations

To add a structured evaluation to an Activity, instructors may add a Rubric on the Activity Setup screen. When critiquing a video, click the "Evaluations" tab on the feedback panel to view the rubric and enter your structured responses.

If the rubric contains "points" items, the scoring will update automatically as you select items.

When you have completed your evaluation, click the "Post" button at the top, and your evaluation will be posted!

If your evaluation is incomplete, simply click "Exit but don't Post". Your responses are auto-saved and will be available the next time you return to that video.

NOTE: For more on Rubrics see Creating and Using the Rubric Feature

ViewEvaluation.png

Who Can Enter Evaluations?

Currently, only instructors and reviewers can enter evaluations on a video using a rubric. If more than one scored evaluation is completed for a video, the video score will be the average of the posted evaluations.

Additional Feedback Questions

Who Can View Feedback?

Instructors and Reviewers can always see all comments on all videos. Presenters can view all comments on their OWN videos (i.e. where they are the Presenter).

When using peer review, peers can see only their OWN comments on other people’s videos, not anyone else’s comments, unless the option "All comments are public" is checked on the Activity.

Can I Record First and Then Review Later?

Yes. GoReact allows for both live feedback (during a presentation) and after-the-fact reviews and comments, whichever you prefer. If needed, you can do both — critique the presentation live, then go back later for edits and additional comments.

How Many People can Critique a Video?

As many GoReact users as you like may review a video, as long as you’ve given them permission to do so. The reviewer must be in your course/folder or account group to give feedback.

How Soon is a Reviewed Video Available for the Presenter?

Immediately! It’s all recorded and securely available in real-time anywhere from our cloud service.

Can I "Hold" Feedback so a Presenter Can't See it Yet?

Rubric evaluations are held until they are Posted by the reviewer. They are not visible until posted.

Comments and ratings are available immediately upon entering.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful

Comments

0 comments

Article is closed for comments.